Thursday, November 26, 2009

Night Safari

By ODJ
Would you like to visit the Night Safari? Why or why not?
I would definitely like to visit the Night Safari as I would get to see different types of animals up close. I will also get to sit on the trams and see the nocturnal animals in action. At the Night Safari, there are many static exhibits which explain the lifestyles and structural adaptations of the animals. I find them very informative and useful in increasing my general knowledge about nocturnal animals.
What kind of rules do you think visitors should observe in the Night Safari?
Visitors should not take pictures of the animals with flashlights. Doing so would affect the eyesight of the animals and may even blind them. Using flashlight photography may frighten these animals and cause them a lot of stress. I think visitors should also refrain from feeding the animals or throwing things at them.
Tell me about an animal show you have watched.
I have watched the animal show featuring the nocturnal birds at the Night Safari. In the show, an owl was made to pick up a small stick from the ground in the poor lighting conditions. To my surprise, it was able to do it without any assistance. I guess it has good eyesight that can see in poor light so that it can hunt in the night. The audience at the animal show was also awed by the owl and broke out in thunderous applause when it finished its performance. I am always impressed by the animal shows and I always enjoy my visits to the Night Safari.

No comments: