Thursday, November 26, 2009

At the food centre

Introduction/Setting
This is a picture depicting a scene at a food centre. It appears that this scene takes place during lunch hour as the food centre is very crowded. There is a long queue over at the noodles stall. It is probably because the noodles are delicious.

Body (Observation – Interpretation – Application)
Observation 1
There appears to be a commotion. A boy in a striped T-shirt is holding a bowl of piping hot noodles. A man has accidentally bumped into the boy, causing him to spill his noodles onto a woman with dark curly hair.
Interpretation 1
I think that the woman looks very annoyed as her clothes are stained by the soup from the noodles. She could also have been scalded by the hot soup. Her anger is fully understandable. I would feel angry too if I were the woman.
Application 1
If I were the boy, I would apologise profusely to the woman to appease her anger. As the saying goes, ‘Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned’. I think he had better take the initiative to apologise first before she gives him a piece of her mind.

Observation 2
The man who has bumped into the boy looks apologetic.
Interpretation 2
Judging from his expression, I can tell from that he did not knock into the boy on purpose.
Application 2
I feel that he should also apologise to the woman instead of allowing the boy to take the blame.

Conclusion
The food centre is indeed a crowded place especially during lunch time. The woman just happens to be in the wrong place and at the wrong time. I guess one just has to be more careful in a crowded place to avoid such an unpleasant incident from happening again.

No comments: