Thursday, November 26, 2009

Killer Litter

Introduction/Setting
This is a picture depicting a scene at the foot of a block of HDB flats. It appears that this scene takes place in a quiet estate as there are not many people around.

Body (Observation – Interpretation – Application)
Observation 1 – Man on second storey
On the second storey of the flat, there is a man throwing a flower pot from the parapet. He is grinning from ear to ear as he sees the flower pot crashing to the foot of the block.
Interpretation 1
Judging from his mischievous expression, I think that he did it on purpose. It is by no means an accident. The other possibility is that the culprit may be mentally unsound.
Application/Prediction 1
If I were there, I would not try to stop him myself but I would inform an adult about him and try to stay out of harm’s way.

Observation 2 – Father and son
The man and his son who are walking along the pavement are taken aback by the falling flower pot. Fortunately, it has missed them by inches. Otherwise, the consequences would be unthinkable.
Interpretation 2
Looking at the father’s body language, I can tell that he is even more shocked by the fact that the man who has thrown down the flower pot is grinning.
Application/Prediction 2
I think the son will be so truamatised that he may burst out in tears. I believe that the father will be so indignant that he will shout at the culprit and rush up to the second storey to confront him.

Observation 3 - Policemen
The two policemen patrolling on bicycles in the neighbourhood are alert.
Interpretation 3
One of them is pointing and shouting at the culprit to stop but to no avail.
Application 3
I expect that the well-trained policemen will take immediate action to check on the father and son as well as to detain the culprit.

Conclusion
I feel that the culprit should be dealt with severely as a deterrent to prevent other incidents of killer litter from happening. As for myself, I would walk across the void decks and avoid walking along the open pavements in order to be safe from killer litter.

No comments: