Thursday, November 26, 2009

Killer Litter

Would you help to keep your neighbourhood clean? Why (or Why not)?
Yes. Helping to keep my neighbourhood clean will give my family and me a nice environment to come home to.

What would you do to keep your neighbourhood clean?
I would do my part by firstly, not littering or dumping unwanted things in the lifts or at the void deck. Secondly, I would bring a plastic bag to pick up my dog’s poo when I take him for walks. Although I will not pick up litter I see on the ground as I am afraid of dirtying my hands, I would advise the litter bugs to pick up their own litter, especially if they are children younger than me.

Tell me what the contractors do to keep your neighbourhood clean.
The contractors would empty and wash the garbage chute daily. They would also sweep the common areas and empty the litter bins daily. Every month, they would also wash the common areas and the lifts.

Do you help your mother to keep your home clean? Why?
Yes. My mother assigns household chores to my siblings and me. Other than folding our clothes and making our own beds, all of us have daily chores to do. I am in charge of washing the dishes, my brother is in charge of sweeping the floor and my sister takes care of hanging up and bringing down the laundry.

Doing household chores helps to lighten my mother’s burden and also builds our sense of responsibility. My mother says that we will thank her for it when we grow up and have our own homes. She says that knowing how to do housework is a life- skill. I think she is right although there are days I don’t feel like doing my chores.

No comments: