Thursday, November 26, 2009

Accident

Introduction/Setting
This is a picture depicting a scene of a road accident. It appears that this scene takes place in the day as the street lights are not turned on.

Body (Observation – Interpretation – Application)
Observation 1
There is a stationary car in the picture. A dog, which is bleeding profusely, is lying in front of the car. I think that the car could have knocked down the poor little dog.
Interpretation 1
A young boy is kneeling beside the dog and stroking its fur. Judging from his sad expression, I guess that he could be the owner of the dog.
Application 1
If I were the boy, I would be devastated if a car ran over my dog.

Observation 2
A man standing over the dog seems to the driver of the vehicle.
Interpretation 2
I can tell from his apologetic and guilt-stricken expression that he has knocked down the dog.
Application 2
I would bring the injured puppy to the vet immediately if I were him.

Observation 3
A man dressed in a pair of dark pants putting his hands over the boy’s shoulders to comfort him.
Interpretation 3
He seemed to be rather concerned about the boy and his dog. He is probably the boy’s father.
Application 3
If I were the boy’s father, I might confront the driver of the car and demand that he take the dog to the vet immediately. I might even demand full compensation if I had not seen the broken leash on the ground.

Conclusion
However, judging from the broken leash, it appears that the boy has lost control of the dog and the animal has dashed onto the path of the car. So I feel that the driver is not entirely to be blamed for this accident. It was just an unfortunate turn of events.

No comments: