Thursday, November 26, 2009

At the zoo

By RE
Would you like to visit the zoo? Why or why not?
I enjoy visiting the zoo as I can see many interesting animals there. The zoo organizes many activities for visitors for close-up sessions with the animals, for example breakfast with the animals and the animals’ feeding sessions. Visitors can watch the zoo-keepers feed the animals or even feed the animals themselves. I myself attended a feeding session for the polar bears. It was really amazing as I got to see how polar bears hunt for food as though they were in the wild. As the polar bears dive into the water, they execute such grace and poise that the audience cheered and clapped wildly. Moreover, the zoo will organize fun camps and animal shows at the amphitheatre. Visitors can watch parrots race with each other or enjoy the tricks performed by the seals and sealions as they dive to pick up objects in the water. The animal shows are really enjoyable first-class performances.
Tell me about a zoo trip you have been on.
Talking about camps organized by the zoo, I went for one when I was in Primary 5 together with some of my schoolmates. About 60 of us attended the camp. During the camp, we were divided into teams for a treasure hunt and other interesting activities. Although, it rained on the day of the camp, I still enjoyed it.
What kind of animals do you like? Why?
I like animals which are furry, especially dogs. My cousin has a dog and I often go over to his house to play with it. The dog belongs to the Shih-Tzu breed which originated from China and the dog’s name is Ruff. I would love to have a dog myself as I would love to have it for company as my parents are often out at work and my siblings are all boys. I would most probably choose a husky or a terrier for a pet. I like huskies as they have beautiful blue eyes. I like terriers as they are cute and cuddly. However, sad to say, my mother is not for the idea of my having a dog until I am about 18 years old. She says taking care of a dog is a hassle as she already has her hands full taking care of my brothers and me. Nonetheless, I still hope that she would change her mind and my dream of having a dog will materialize soon.

No comments: