Thursday, November 26, 2009

Commotion

By NL
“Oh boy! Laksa with extra chilli! My favourite!” My brother started tucking into his bowl of hot and spicy laksa like a ravenous wolf. I pulled a disgusted face. Really, my brother can be so disgusting at times. My family and I decided to eat out since it was a Saturday. We were at a food centre because we heard that the food there was delicious!

“Ah! My favourite prawn noodles! Mmm-mmm!” I exclaimed. My brother ignored me and just continued wolfing down his dinner.

“I’m not related to him, I’m not related to him,” I muttered repeatedly under my breath, trying to vent my anger at my noodles. But I did not stay angry for long as the food was truly, amazingly scrumptious! Just when I was enjoying my food, I heard several loud voices. Even my brother raised his head to look at what had happened.

“You want a piece of me?” a very gangster-looking boy challenged with a mocking voice. He had tattoos all over his arms and chains hanging around his neck.

“Yea!” a gang emerged from behind the first boy who spoke. I guessed they were his gang members and he was the leader. I shuddered even at the look of their fierce-looking faces.

“Nobody’s stopping me!” another gangster snarled menacing. Several boys appeared behind him too, preparing themselves for a fierce battle. I trembled with fear. However, my brother looked excited! Oh my gosh! I was giving up hope on him! My brother was truly insane! On the other hand, my parents looked worried.

“CHARGE!!!” someone yelled. Without really realising what was happening, I saw the boys punching and kicking everywhere. Some on-lookers tried to stop the gang-fight but they were pulled into the fight themselves. Acting on my instincts, I whipped out my mobile phone and dialled “nine-nine-nine”.

“Hello? I want to report a fight between two gangs. Hello? Can you hear me?” I tried to shout above the noise level. Somehow, I managed to get the message across.

As I snapped my phone off, my mother suddenly yelled,” NO!!! Nicholas! Nooo!!!” I whirled around just in time to see my brother being punched in the face! He fell onto the floor with a loud bang and knocked his head. Blood was streaming from his nose and some blood was tricking down his head.

“Nicholas! Nooo! Wake up! Wake up!” my mother wailed as she tried to revive my brother by shaking him. My father was trying to comfort my mother. I stood rooted to the spot. Sudden anger blinded me. I quaked with rage as I started moving forward. Before realizing what I was doing. I gave the gangster who punched my brother two earth-shaking slaps! He was quite taken aback.

Luckily, the police arrived at that moment. Policemen charged out of the police cars and tried to stop the fight. After a while, the gang members were subdued and the policemen frog-marched them into the police cars. My brother was also taken to the hospital immediately.

The next day, my brother finally regained consciousness. He soon recovered and was discharged. From that day on, my brother did not tease me as much as usual. Maybe his mind was affected when his head struck the floor but all for the better!

No comments: